Course Objective: The objective of the course is to introduce the basic terminologies of Operations Research. The mathematical modeling of certain real world problems and adopt dierent Operations Research techniques to get the best possible answer. There are a variety of real world problems will be discussed in the course and several algorithms will be discussed. This is an introductory course to Operations Research.
Prerequisites: A little bit knowledge of linear equations/ inequalities is required.
Course Learning Outcomes: Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
1. To formulate a real-global hassle as a mathematical programming version.
2. Recognize the theoretical workings of the simplex technique for linear programming and perform iterations of it by using hand.
three. apprehend the connection among a linear program and its twin, together with sturdy duality and complementary slackness.
4. Carry out sensitivity evaluation to decide the path and importance of exchange of a model’s most reliable answer as the facts trade.
5. Solve specialised linear programming troubles like the transportation and assignment problems.
6. Understand the programs of fundamental techniques for integer programming version a dynamic device as a queuing model and compute vital overall performance measures.