Total Quality Management (TQM) is a system for satisfying internal and external customers and suppliers through both continuous improvements and breakthrough results-results that ultimately change organizational culture. The purpose of this course is to provide the basic concepts and practices of Total Quality Management so you can apply these tools to your work and generate improvement and desired results. When you apply the TQM approach to an organization, it has an overarching impact on all aspects of the core business processes. This self-paced course provides students with case studies, which illustrate how to apply effective TQM strategies in the workplace.
Total Quality Management Pdf
You Will Learn To
- Explain TQM and how it works
- Describe TQM Models
- Apply a basic TQM Process Outline
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for managers, at all levels, who are responsible for improving work processes, as well as anyone who wants to learn new work techniques?
How do you define quality? Quality has a different meaning for different people. That leads to the question, how would you define quality? Quality Management course starts with a number of definitions of quality such as fitness for use, conformance to specification, reduced variation, consistency, meeting or exceeding customer expectations etc.
Total Quality Management Notes
There is a misconception that quality costs money and those better quality products are costlier than poor quality products. Deming’s chain is used to explain how good quality reduces waste, improves productivity and that in turn makes the product cheaper to produce. This ultimately leads to the survival of the organization in this competitive market and provides employment.
Course Key Learning
- Understand the purpose of a quality management system, of quality management systems standards, and the business benefits of improved performance of the quality management system
- Understand the structure and content of ISO 9001 and its relationship with ISO 9000
- Understand the specific quality management related requirements of ISO 9001
Total Quality Management Examples
- Outline the processes involved in establishing, implementing, operating, monitoring, measuring, analyzing, evaluating, reviewing, maintaining, and improving a quality management system, including the significance of these for QMS auditors.
- Understand the terms and definitions defined and used in ISO 9000
- Outline, with reference to the PDCA cycle and the model of a process-based quality management system, the structure and content of ISO 9001.
- Making reference to the seven quality principles, explain the relationship between ISO 9001 requirements and ISO 9000
- Understand the relationship between the external and internal issues, the relevant requirements of relevant interested parties, the actions to address, risks and opportunities, and the quality management system processes needed to implement them.
- Understand the purpose of the scope of a quality management system and what should be considered when determining it.
- Understand the purpose of a quality policy, the relationship between the quality management system scope, and the quality policy and the requirements for its content, implementation and review.
- Understand how top management demonstrates leadership and commitment by taking accountability for the effectiveness of the quality management system.
Understand the requirements for quality objectives and the relationship between them, the quality policy and management review.